Tomato Lentil Soup
Tomato Lentil Vegetable Soup
Yummy lentil soup with vegetables and rice (or pasta). This recipe is really simple and super healthy. I use all vegetables in mine but you can add chicken, turkey, or whatever you like.This is also easy to convert into a slow cooker!
- Large Soup Pot
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 White Onion
- 4 Celery Stalks
- 2 cups Carrotts
- 1 package Frozen vegetables for soup
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Brown Rice or Pasta
- 1/2 cup Lentils
- Canned Tomatoes 28 oz. Use canned tomaotes or fresh if you have them.
- vegetable broth packets 2 I use 2 vegetable broth packets. You can use any kind you like.
- Saute onions, celery, carrots in olive oil with added water 1 table spoon at a time if vegetables dry out 10 mins.
- add 4 to 6 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- add the vegetable broth packets.
- Add the forzen vegetables to the pot bring heat to med and cover pot with a slight slant so some steam can escape.. Let cook til almost fully cooked through.
- Add lentils and cover again leaving heat on medium. Cook until lentils are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add rice or pasta and cook until rice or pasta is done. Check the vegetables and lentils to make sure they are cooked through.
- Let the soup simmer on medium low to allow flavours to meld. Add salt and pepper to taste. Eat when satisfied!
You must log in to post a comment.